Be a part of Bridge Day 2013! Learn more about sponsorship.
Visit our vendor page to learn how to make your products available to thousands of Bridge Day visitors.
PARKING & MAPS
Shuttle information, parking locations and download a parking map
Get your Event and Vendor Map!
NEED TO KNOW
Have a great Bridge Day. Please read be sure to read the event rules.Important Info
Form 1- 2013 Rules and Regulations
Keep for Your Reference
1. STANDARDS - To ensure quality and to maintain certain standards, all crafts and products will be selected by a jury process. Please enclose two (2) photos or slides of your crafts or products. If you wish to have your photos or slides returned please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope. Failure to submit photos or slides will result in application being returned.
2. APPLICATION FEE - There is a $15 application fee. This fee is per application is non-refundable. The booth fee is $150 before July 1 and $250 after July 1.
3. GOODS FOR SALE - Vendors may offer to the public only the crafts or products that are listed on application.
4.BEVERAGES - Soft drinks, water or other forms of non-alcoholic beverage, sandwiches, pizza, baked goods or any type of candy, cookie or food offered for consumption on site will be classified as a Drink/Food Concession and will require a separate application.
5.FOOD LABELING - All food products must be labeled in accordance with FDA regulations stating, at a minimum: product name, ingredient listing, net weight, manufacture name and allergens.
6.LOCATION - Provided vendor is accepted by jury, the jurors reserve the right to make the determination as to vendor location. This determination will be based on type of craft, product or attraction, size and space availability.
7.NOTIFICATION - You will be notified via e-mail of your acceptance. If you are not accepted your fee, less application fee, will be returned.
8.BOOTH SPACE - Spaces are sold on a first come - first served basis and will not be held without payment or application. Booth spaces are approximately 25 feet of road frontage. The depth varies according to road design. Only two (2) vehicles are allowed per space and you will be given two (2) vehicle permits. A trailer counts as a vehicle and oversized vehicles will count as two (2). It may be deemed necessary by the jury for you to acquire additional spaces to ensure adequate spacing.
9.ALTHOUGH every effort is made to honor requests for booth location, the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to assign booth locations as may be necessary.
EACH vendor will be required to visibly display the booth number on the front of booth exhibit.
10.SPACES may not be sub-let or shared without prior written consent of Fayette County Chamber's Bridge Day Committee or Bridge Day Vendor Coordinator.
11.PAYMENT - Full payment for spaces must be received for spaces to be confirmed. Make check or money order payable to: Fayette County Chamber of Commerce. Visa, MasterCard, or Discovery will also be accepted.
12.CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS - There are absolutely no refunds after September 20, 2013. Cancellations prior to September 20, 2013 must be made in writing and will be subject to the non-refundable application fee. If a cancellation must be made after September 20, 2013, the vendor will be given a full credit, less the application fee of $15, for Bridge Day 2014. In the event that the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce or the Bridge Day Commission cancels Bridge Day there will be a full refund, less the application fee of $15.
13.SET UP AND TEAR DOWN - Once you have been accepted as a vendor you will be assigned a staging area for that morning. You must arrive at this staging area on Saturday, October 19 no later than the time designated on your confirmation letter. Do Not Go To The Bridge. We try to have everyone out on the roadway and set up as close to 9:00 AM as possible. You will be asked to begin tearing down at 3:00 PM on Saturday, October 19.
14.OPERATING HOURS AND SECURITY - Someone must man your booth at all times during hours of operation. Although Law Enforcement will be present, you will be responsible for providing adequate security measures at your booth.
15.NO ANIMALS allowed at Bridge Day
16.NO DRUGS, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products, alcohol, fireworks, knives, noisemakers, “poppers” or firearms may be sold or given away.
17.FLIERS, brochures, coupons, etc. can not be handed out by vendors outside of their assigned vendor space.
18.BALLOONS - (sale or give away) is prohibited because of environmental concerns.
19.Electricity, Water and Tables - Electricity, water and tables are not provided. If you need power you will need to supply your own generator or other power source, cords, etc.
20.FIRE EXSTINGUISHERS - All food vendors are required to have at least one (1) fire extinguisher.
21.TRASH - All vendors are required to have two (2) twenty (20) gallon trash cans. Spaces must be kept litter free with trash bagged up. Vendors are not allowed to hand out fliers, brochures, coupons, etc. outside of vendor space. The selling or giving away of balloons is prohibited because of environmental concerns.
22.TAXES - The West Virginia Tax Department requires the collection of 6% State Sales Tax. Vendors are responsible for collection and payment of this tax. The WV Tax Department will send you a form and/or may visit your booth.
23. USAGE FEE - Vendors who use the words Bridge Day, Bridge Day Festival or New River Gorge Bridge Day on a product must pay a usage fee (see Booth Rates & other fees).
24. BACK FOR 2013-
With the philosophy of “reduce, reuse, and recycle” fast becoming the industry standard for events large and small, Bridge Day is stepping up to the plate this year to lead the way in working toward a sustainable and environmentally friendly event. We feel this will enable us to seek additional like-minded sponsors to help promote Bridge Day 2013, and will give our vendors the opportunity to become a member of the “Bridge Day Green Team”.
It is with this thought in mind, that Bridge Day will brand special Bridge Day Apparel for Bridge Day 2013.
With your support we will continue to promote and grow Bridge Day, with the goal of making it the #1 Green Event Destination in the country!
25. ASCAP - Any vendor providing taped or live music as entertainment must pay the ASCAP fee (see Booth Rates & other fees). In addition, if you should be providing entertainment on Route 19 you will be required to secure booth space for your setup, as well as a minimum of one (1) space for the general public to
view show in median. Setup will require entertainment to be facing north or south on median.
26. DELIVERY OF MERCHANDISE-Each vendor is responsible for the delivery of their merchandise to the staging area and henceforth to their respective vendor area during Bridge Day 2013. The Fayette County Chamber of Commerce will not be responsible for or accept delivery of merchandise.
27. SECURITY MEASURES- As a result of the extraordinary events that have taken place since September 11, 2001 there will be heightened security measures that will be in place for Bridge Day 2013. Vendors are required to cooperate with Law Enforcement and other security personnel before, during and after the New River Gorge Bridge Day Festival.
28. EACH vendor will be required to submit a list of all vendor personnel with certain information that will be used by Law Enforcement authorities in a pre-Bridge Day screening process. This information request is included in this application packet. This must be submitted along with your correct fees and application. Failure to comply may result in your application being rejected. The pre-Bridge Day screening process may involve Law Enforcement or other security personnel inspecting your vehicles and/or trailers at the vendor staging area as early as 5:30 a.m. on the morning of Saturday, October 19, 2013.